Digital Mailers is a marketing agency, working closely with clients from diversified industry verticals to promote their product, services or venture itself. We do email and SMS marketing using targeted mailing lists. Our experience has been enriched by understanding the ‘do’s and don’ts‘ of email marketing in India.
Good question! Why Digital Mailers – Lot of companies have started realizing the potential of digital marketing. So the most effective way of doing that is through sending mailers digitally. Hence name is derived as Digital Mailers from SEO perspective.
2. What’s the story behind your start-up?
Email marketing is in still early days in India. And we want to tap that potential as an early mover. Let me ask how many companies are doing it in India.
3. Are there any other players providing similar services? If yes, who are your major competitors?
4. Any significant features of DigitalMailers.in we should know?
Birthday marketing – we send birthday mailers on behalf of clients, especially from Hospitality industry like hotels & restaurants . We have birthday info of 20 Lakh professionals in India. And on that special day they go in big group and spend more. If client can tap them by throwing a special discount, it’s a win win situation.
5. How old is your venture and did you break even?
We are a 9 months old venture and we have achieved break even in 3rd month itself.
6. Could you tell us more about yourself, your position & other key players in your start-up, if any?
Ordinary person, nothing much to talk about.
7. How large is the team behind DigitalMailers.in. Are you all based in India?
5 People. Yes, all of us are based in India.
8. How is your start-up being funded so far? Did you receive any other external funding? If not, do you plan on seeking external funding?
Self Funded. Not seeking funding actively. But won’t mind if it comes at right valuation.
9. Did you encounter any initial hiccups while pitching the idea? Could you please explain the process you followed that might help other future entrepreneurs planning to startup?
My philosophy is simple. Any idea is great as long as it can sell and be profitable.
10. What are key technologies your service is built upon and why did you opt for them?
We had developed some software internally to help us crawl data and for email marketing, bounce back handling etc. All that was handled by one of the partners who is a techie. So it was all in-house and did no’t cost a fortune.
11. In your experience, what has been the most effective way to market a business?
Email marketing. 🙂
12. What is your take on increasing number of startups in India? Do you have any personal advice/suggestions for current/future entrepreneurs?
I am still in early days. Though this is happens to be my third startup, it the first successful one. However, I’m still in learning stage. You should shoot this at Mr. (Sabeer) Bhatia 😉
13. On a personal front, who is your role model? Also, do you follow any other websites religiously?
14. How did being an entrepreneur affect your lifestyle? Do you get enough time for yourself/family?
Work hard and play hard. I don’t really believe in slogging.
15. One thing that you love the most?
Net surfing, shopping, sleeping
16. What is your plan of implementation of your start-up?
Take it as it comes.
(If you are an Indian startup and would like to be interviewed or featured on Startups.in then we’d be happy to talk to you. Contact us right away.)