Startups or Corporates?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Naag Naag 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

Profile photo of Naag
    Naag

Keymaster

Startups or Corporates? What is your future?

Given an option what would you pick, would you rather do your own startup/join startup or take up a corporate job and why?

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Naag Naag.

Profile photo of Abhishek Anil
    Abhishek Anil

Given the option, I would definitely choose a startup because there is much change, volatility and if you compare to a typical Indian’s quintessential dream having a comfortable job, stability etc. I would definitely choose the former. More than that is working to achieve your dream, you put in blood and sweat and as you watch your company grow ,you will always live with the feeling of achievement and that of veering down the not taken path and of doing something different.

Profile photo of Naag
    Naag

Keymaster

@abhishekanilnair – Thanks for sharing your views. I agree that you will gain a sense of achievement in the case you mentioned but do you realize that the path to success could be a long one? What would you do in such cases? How will you be able to convince yourself and more importantly your dependents when success is far away?

Infact as @khushdil pointed out in the Lounge, it took several years to see success. That is what happens in majority of the cases. That is the real world. The quick success stories of WhatsApp and Instagram are inspiring but they seldom happen.

Profile photo of S K Khushdil
    S K Khushdil

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. In my opinion, the difference between a successful person and others is not lack of strength, resources or knowledge but rather a lack of will in most of the cases.

There are no short-cuts to success. Inheriting or acquiring a successful business is entirely different than starting from scratch and creating a space for yourself with no resources and a family to take care of. I have seen ventures getting started after a great deal of planning and failing. There are quite opposite cases as well where there were no plans in place and it was just willingness to succeed. It is a lengthy process ofcourse.

Profile photo of Naag
    Naag

Keymaster

@khushdil – what you said is very true. Especially, the part that there are no short-cuts to success. If startups were easy way to make money, everyone would be doing his/her own startup.

So, in the context of this topic, I’d say neither one (startups versus corporate jobs) is good or bad. It purely depends on what one truly wants to do with his/her life.

BTW..now that you quoted the likes of Bill Cosby, David Brinkley and Vince Lombardi, here is one of favorites from our very own Swami Vivekananda. I think this applies very well on how to go about taking an idea all the way to success.

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.